Taking care of your heart’s health is in your hands. Just by paying attention to what you eat you will cut the chances of a stroke and heart attack significantly. Therefore, for your heart’s sake pay attention to the following:
- Cut on trans fats and saturated fats present in fatty meats, cookies, pizzas, burgers, and high-fat
- Reduce your sodium intake especially be wary of packaged foods which are high in salt.
- Eat more fresh vegetables and fruits and add whole grain to your diet and increase the fiber content of every meal.
So, if you wondering what to shop for your heart to remain healthy check out the following shopping list curated just for you.
- Vegetables and fruits: You can buy fresh and frozen because the nutritive value remains the same in both cases. Load your shopping cart with tomatoes, cabbage, carrots and leafy vegetables like lettuce, spinach, and When taking canned food look for low sodium variants and with no added sugars. Fruits can include apples, oranges, bananas, and peaches. Basically, look for more colors in your vegetables and fruits.
- Dairy products: Always opt for low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese. You can also try almond milk, soy milk.
- Bread and cereals: Go for only whole grain variety and include more soluble fiber in oatmeal, bran, brown rice, quinoa, and You can find several healthy recipes using these ingredients on holisticboard. You even get whole grain pasta and couscous.
- Proteins: Include seafood like shellfish and tuna. In poultry and meat go for lean types. For the vegetarian, they can include all kinds of beans, peas, and Eggs and nuts are also good for the heart but in limited quantities. Peanut butter is also good the only caution must be taken that it has no added sugars and salts.
- Oils: Go for unsaturated fats and healthy pills like avocado oil, olive oil, and nonstick cooking sprays.